Click here to complete applications online or to pay an invoice.
Residential Application Forms
- Residential Application
- Residential Fee Schedule
- Residential Submittal Checklist
- Residential Owner/Occupant Affidavit
- Residential Meter Inspection
- Residential Plumbing Worksheet
- Fence and Shed Permit Application
Residential Application Assistance Information
Commercial Application Forms
- Commercial/Industrial Application for Plan Approval
- Application for Inspection Not Requiring Plans
- Commercial Meter Inspection
- Pressure Piping and Medical Gas Application
- Plumbing Worksheet
- Electrical Worksheet
- Membrane Structures
- Sign Permit Application and Checklist
- Existing Building Instruction Sheet
For information on Change of Use and Occupancy or any other item not listed here, please contact the Building Division at 419.627.5940.
Click here for Code Compliance Forms and Applications.
Click here to pay an invoice for Code Compliance.
Planning & Zoning
A permit shall be obtained prior to moving or demolishing a structure, building in a flood zone area, working in a city right-of-way, or connecting to water/sewer mains. Some permits may be obtained by a property owner or his/her authorized agent. Certain types of work cannot be performed without a licensed contractor. These are outlined below.
- Excavation or Sewer Building Permit Application An excavating permit is required for the installation, repair or replacement of any water or gas service, ($85 fee). A licensed plumber must install the water line. A permit is also required before excavation is done in a City right-of-way and can only be obtained by a licensed contractor.
- Flood Plain A flood plain permit is required prior to any building permit being issued for a structure within the flood plain areas of the City of Sandusky. The fee is $100.00 for residential and $500.00 for commercial property and must be obtained by the owner or his/her authorized agent.
- Highway Permit Highway permits are issued by the Erie County Sheriff's Office when hauling oversize loads.
- Right of Way Construction Permit
- Sanitary Connection Fee A sanitary connection fee is required for all new buildings or major additions or alterations thereto, and for any land or building use which causes the discharge (or additional discharge) of wastewater. The fee is based on the size of the water meter and must be paid for by the owner or his/her authorized agent.
- Sewer Permit A sewer permit is required for the installation, repair or replacement or abandonment of any storm or sanitary lateral. Sewer Permits can only be obtained by a licensed contractor.
- Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Sidewalk, curb and gutter permits are required for installation, repair or replacement of a sidewalk, driveway approach or curb and gutter. This Permit must be obtained by a licensed contractor ($10 fee) or a homeowner may obtain a Permit ($5 fee) to replace a sidewalk in front of his/her property only.
- Water Tap-In Fee A water tap-in fee is required for the installation of new water service. The fee is based on the size of the tap and must be paid for by the owner or his/her authorized agent.
- Water Connection Fee A water connection fee is required for new services or to increase the size of an existing service. The fee is based on the size of the meter and must be paid for by the owner or authorized agent.