Sandusky established a land bank program in 2007 to facilitate the reuse of non-productive land and return it to tax producing status. Click on the links below for additional information:

Land Bank Inventory (Updated 9/13/2023)
*You may request land within our inventory to build on.  In this case, you must provide a building plan and timeframe to be completed within 12 months of the transfer of land.  Homeownership is the preferred disposition of land bank property.   Eligibility requirements must be met before consideration.   

*You may request land that is next to your property for side lot expansion.   In some cases, both adjoining owners will be given the opportunity to split the land and expand their property to increase their property value for added space for yard expansion, off-street parking, garages/sheds or fencing.  In other cases, if there is a productive use for the entire parcel, consideration may be given to one adjoining owner.  Eligibility requirements must be met before consideration.  

Residential Zoning Code Requirements
If you wish to build on a particular parcel, you must conform to the Residential Zoning Code.  If your plans don't meet the zoning requirements, you may apply for a variance through the Planning Department.  

Property Research Sources
Application for New Construction
You must submit a building plan with your application and the timeframe for construction (must be completed within 12 months of the transfer of land) for the consideration by City Staff and Land Bank Committee.  If approved through the Land Bank Committee, a Purchase and Sale Agreement must also be approved by the City Commission.  

Application for Side Lot Expansion
If you are looking to increase the size of your existing property through side lot expansion, an adjoining property owner may apply to combine non-productive land owned by the city with their existing property.   Eligibility factors apply and the property may be best suited to be split between more than one owner.

Property Donation Request
If you own vacant property that is condemned or in property tax foreclosure and you wish to forfeit the property to the city, you may submit your request in writing using the Property Donation Request.  These will typically be land parcels and the city will not accept any property donation requests for occupied structures.  Bank foreclosures are not eligible for these requests.  

Erie County Sheriff Sale - Houses for auction



  • 11/20/2023
  • 09/18/2023 Agenda Video
  • 07/17/2023 Agenda Video
  • 05/15/2023 Agenda Minutes Video
  • 03/20/2023 Agenda Minutes Video
  • 01/17/2023 Agenda Minutes Video


  • 11/21/2022 Cancelled
  • 10/17/2022 Agenda Minutes Video
  • 09/19/2022 Agenda Minutes Video
  • 08/15/2022 Cancelled
  • 07/18/2022 Agenda Minutes Video
  • 06/20/2022 Cancelled
  • 05/16/2022 Agenda Minutes Video
  • 04/18/2022 Agenda Minutes Video
  • 03/21/2022 Cancelled
  • 02/22/2022 Cancelled