Starting February 1, 2021, the City of Sandusky will be discontinuing the use of its Post Office Box. All utility bills and correspondence to the city should be mailed to 240 Columbus Avenue, Sandusky, OH 44870.
The office accepts the following payments types in person: cash, money order, bank check and credit card. The office does not accept large amounts of loose coins. There is also a night drop located curbside at the corner of E. Washington Row and Columbus Avenue for after-hours payments (please, no coins in night drop).
Automatic Bill Pay (ACH) - Free Service
The office also offers our customers to sign up for ACH, where the monthly bill amount comes directly out of your bank account at no cost. Just fill out the ACH form and return it to our office to begin this service.
Online Bill Pay - $3.25 online payment service fee
The City of Sandusky's online billing and payment solution offers more ways to view and pay your utility bill. Customers can receive and view bills electronically, make a payment with credit/debit or e-check and choose to go paperless. A quick one-time payment can be made without registering or you can create an account to enjoy more features like setting up automatic payments, saving payment information for later use and viewing history.
Benefits of Online Bill Pay
- Easy to use online portal to access your account and make payments
- Registration is not required
- Go paperless - get your bills via email
- AutoPay - automatically pay the invoice amount on the due date
- Recurring scheduled payments - set up a schedule to pay a fixed amount or the invoice balance on a specific day of the month
- Receive email reminders when your bill is ready, when a scheduled payment is pending and a confirmation after making payment
- Pay by Text - get text notifications about your bill and have the option to pay through text message with your default payment method (sign up when making an online payment or within your account).
Privacy & Security
Your online payments are secure! You can make utility payments at our website with confidence. We have partnered with Invoice Cloud, a leading payment gateway, to offer safe and secure credit card transactions for our customers. The Invoice Cloud payment gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the credit card processing networks. The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing. For additional information regarding the privacy of your sensitive cardholder data, please contact our office.
Payments made via the website are final and are not reversible. Please use caution when entering online payments. Payments returned to our office for non-sufficient funds are subject to a fee and can result in immediate disconnection of service.